From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Half of a network access with new root build...
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 08:05:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I have sent this question previously but due to hickup with
4 my old mail address the sent message or a reply to it get
5 lost in between somewhere...
6
7 Robin helped me a lot to get out of this mail address trouble and
8 helped me to get subscribed to the list again with my new mail
9 address: tuxic@××××××.de. THX Robin! :)
10
11 I am still building my new root (this mail is written
12 being in/at/on my old root).
13
14 I am already able to boot (not only chroot to) into my new root, start
15 X11 automagically and have back my desktop as it was before.
16
17 But the boot process alone does not connect me to the internet.
18 The output mumbles something of "missing modules" and such,
19 but the kernel is the same for my old and my new root.
20 I build the kernel on both roots the same way with the same
21 config.
22
23 I compared the output of lsmod on both roots and they
24 are identical in regards to network related stuff.
25
26 To get network after boot I have to do
27
28 ip link set ....
29
30 and start /etc/init.d/dhcpcd manually and TADA! there it
31 is.
32
33 I copied /etc/conf.d/net from my old to my new root, so this
34 is also the same.
35
36 I haven't been able to figure out, what is missing or wrong.
37
38 If anyone have an idea, where to look for what -- I would
39 be happy for an advice... :)
42 Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
43 Cheers
44 Meino
45
46 PS: Since I installed the new root via my old
47 root I started with stage3...if this is of any
48 importance.