From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:14:13
1 On 06/22/2011 06:35 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I suppose you got the idea by now ;-) Do you need dev-lang/R? If not,
5 >> then "emerge -pv --depclean dev-lang/R". Do you need the package(s)
6 >> that this brings up? If not, continue --depclean those until you reach
7 >> something that has no other dependencies; meaning you reached the top
8 >> level. Do you need *that*? If not, unmerge it, then depclean
9 >> everything (just "emerge -a --depclean".)
10 >>
11 >> This should get rid of all stuff you don't actually need/want.
15 > Well, that leads back to KDE. So, looks like it stays.
16
17 And KDE wants Fortran because you have that USE flag enabled in
18 make.conf :-D
21 >>> Well, it appeared to only affect gcc here. We all know I have to have
22 >>> that.
23 >>
24 >> GCC is a compiler collection. You usually only need gcc and g++.
25 >> Fortan, Objective-C, Objective-C++, ADA, Pascal, Java, whatever else
26 >> is usually something you don't install unless you know you need it.
27 >
28 > But gcc is the one that got rebuilt when I changed the USE flag. So, it
29 > needs it because the other package needs it and in the end, KDE needs
30 > all that stuff. So, the flag is added and I guess it is needed by
31 > something I want to keep. Sort of like my GUI and all. ;-)
32
33 I'm on KDE too, and it doesn't need it. Probably because my make.conf
34 explicitly says "-fortran" in it.