From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: parental control software
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:24:59
1 On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > I'm looking for software that can be used to control a child's usage of
3 > the computer (not Internet filtering). At the very least it should be
4 > able to control length of login sessions and when the child is able to
5 > login. Ideally it would also be able to control access to programs, for
6 > example education programs can be used for a couple of hours but games
7 > for only 30 mins at a time (net control software can be used to deal with
8 > online versions). There are other situations where this sort of thing is
9 > useful, so it need not necessarily be a package aimed specifically at
10 > parental controls.
11 >
12 > Timekpr looks the ideal candidate, except it hasn't had a release in
13 > over three years.
14 >
15 > Any suggestions?
16
17 I think logoutd from sys-apps/shadow can control allowed login windows
18 by day-of-week and time-of-day, by user or group. Not sure if it
19 translates to the X era or only applies to consoles.