From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Alsa/LineIn: Playback wonderful, Capture awful...
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:02:02
1 Hi,
2
3 mysterious, mytserious...
4
5 An audio signal from an external source is fed into the line-in
6 connector of my sound"card" (its on the mobo integrated...AC97 VIA
7 Chipset/ Asus AV8 mobo).
8
9 The pure playback of the external signal is fine without distortion,
10 but if I set the channel to "input" with:
11
12 amixer set Master,0 100%,100% unmute
13 amixer set Line,0 100%,100% mute captur
14 amixer set Capture,0 75%,75% mute captur
15
16 (I tried different volume settings already...)
17
18 the playback of the captured sound file sounds, if I would use a
19 loudspeaker made from broken tin...AWFUL.
20
21 Any idea, what is going wrong here ???
22
23 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
24 Have a nice weekend!
25 mcc
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list