From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting a fixed nameserver for openvpn
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 08:24:42
1 On 06/03/2023 08:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 07:54:51 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
3 >
4 >> There's another file - can't remember its name - that tells your
5 >> resolver what to try in what order - the hosts file, dns, what dhcp
6 >> told you, etc etc, so your resolver might not be using dns the way you
7 >> think.
8 >
9 > Do you mean /etc/nsswitch.conf?
12 Ah yes. Any idea why Firefox seems to ignore it? Whenever I try to
13 browse to local machines in /etc/hosts, firefox gives me a google search
14 page which is a bloody nuisance. If I type a VALID ADDRESS in the
15 ADDRESS BAR, that's where I expect to go! Not some damn random search page!
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol