From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: besides package.use where to store info needed at emerge
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:50:33
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:42:09 -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> I know about /etc/portage/package.use
6 >> but where would I keep something like and extra configure flag, that I
7 >> always want applied.
10 > mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/cat/
11 > echo "EXTRA_ECONF='whatever'" >/etc/portage/env/cat/pkg
12
13 Yikes... I was beginning to wonder why I was still getting errors on
14 root commit. Looks like I had it backward.. from OP:
15 > ECONF_EXTRA='--enable-rootcommit'
16
17 At the `pkg' part of /etc/portage/env/cat/pkg
18
19 Do I need to include the full address somehow like: dev-util/cvs
20 or just `/etc/portage/env/cat/cvs'
21
22 The reason I ask is that it is possible with cvs to get the root
23 commit error for other (as yet not understood) reasons than actually
24 being root and trying to commit.
25
26 So it might not be so easy to test if the procedure has worked, unless
27 there is a command for cvs that will make it cough up its compile time
28 flags.
29
30 So I want to know that part is good so I can worry about other
31 problems with cvs in the event of problems following an update during
32 update world.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list