From: Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] php-5 being forced to install?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 04:03:48
1 Thank you Maxim. That was the problem. The funny thing is that swig
2 does not seem to require php5, but it supports the php use flag.
3
4 On 5/15/06, Maxim <maxim@×××××.ru> wrote:
5 >
6 > > > It says...
7 > > >
8 > > > [ebuild NS ] dev-lang/php-5.1.2
9 > > > [ebuild R ] dev-lang/swig-1.3.21
10 > > >
11 > > > I don't understand why it's trying to do this, as I have not asked for
12 > > > php 5 to be installed. And I'm also worried about it breaking
13 > > > existing PHP applications.
14 > > >
15 > > > Any ideas of where I should start?
16 > >
17 > > I'm not sure why php-5 is being installed, but it's not too likely
18 > > that PHP5 will break your PHP applications unless they rely on a few
19 > > things that changed, such as re-setting $this.
20 >
21 > # USE = "-php" emerge -av swig
22 >
23 > I think it'll work.