From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Clean up world file
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 10:39:30
1 There was a recent thread about about what should or should not be in
2 the world file.
3
4 Regarding that, my world file is bloated. Until recently, I had a
5 tendency to do updates piecemeal but did not use --oneshot. This put
6 packages in that I do not think belong.
7
8 Looking for a means to clean up the world file, I ran across Ed Catmur's
9 "dep".
10
11 Has anyone here used it? Is it the best means available to clean the
12 world file? Anything in the gentoo tree to do this?
13
14 Tony
15
16 BTW, I ran it with the --pretend option and it told me that 44 of the
17 119 packages in my world file were redundant.
18 --
19 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
20 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
21 -- Benjamin Franklin
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list