From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Email clients - what can replace Evolution?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:15:25
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: James Ausmus [mailto:james.ausmus@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 28 February 2007 08:45
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Email clients - what can replace Evolution?
8 > On 2/27/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > Hi all,
10 > > I've got a machine that will no longer run Evolution.
11 > For whatever
12 > > reason all versions of Evolution in Portage crash. I cannot
13 > as of yet
14 > > get a backtrace to determine why. Even if I could a fast solution
15 > > would depend on other folks seeing what's wrong and telling
16 > me how to
17 > > fix it by recompiling some library or something.
18 > <snip>
19 >
20 > Have you tried running a revdep-rebuild -p -v to see if there's
21 > anything broken? Do you know what triggered the crashing behavious -
22 > did an update get run, did something new get emerged, did some ebuild
23 > get unmerged?
24 >
25 > HTH-
26 >
27 > James
28
29 I'd second the revdep-rebuild solution. It's best knowing why it crashed rather than ignoring it in case it starts taking down other applications as well.
30
31 A quick google however found:
32
33 - Importing contacts to Thunderbird. USE THE SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
34 http://www.mepis.org/node/2916
35
36 - Importing emails (Evo doesnt have to be working...)
37 http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/09/10/1446217&tid=37&tid=101 (although this is from 2004)
40 As always, YMMV.
44 djn
45
46 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list