From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 03:06:42
1 On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 14:45 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Feedback from the consumer end of the producer-consumer link :-)
5 > >
6 > > The motivation is fine and well, it didn't quite work out, we call
7 > > this a "bug".
8 > >
9 > > The only real mistake was trying to slipstream it in without
10 > > notification or warning. devs all agree we should never do this, but
11 > > it is so ... tempting.
12 > >
13 > > I've made the same mistake myself many many times, and each time it
14 > > came back and bit me hard :-)
19 > What I like is the speed it got corrected. People that don't sync often
20 > most likely didn't even know it ever changed.
21 >
22 ...
23
24 I got bit, on a 6 monthly major update across multiple systems - what
25 were the odds of that happening?
26
27 Despite that, its small potatoes in the scheme of updating perl/python
28 and other major packages ...
29
30 BillK