From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iscsitarget or targetcli?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:30:18
1 On 29/01/15 10:25, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I want to set up an iSCSI server (target in iSCSI terminology) running on
5 > Gentoo.
6 > Does anyone know which of the following 2 are better:
7 > - sys-block/iscsitarget
8 > - sys-block/targetcli
9 >
10 > Both don't seem to have had an update for over 2 years, but targetcli seems to
11 > be just the config-tool for whatever is in current kernels where, I think,
12 > iscsitarget is a userspace daemon?
13 >
14 > Many thanks,
15 >
16 > Joost
19 I'd actually suggest using SCST
20 http://monklinux.blogspot.ie/2012/02/scst-configuration-how-to-using-gentoo.html
21
22 works very well and has a few extra niceties (dynamic resize
23 notification being one) that seem to be missing on other iscsi targets.
24 nice and easy syntax too