From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update failed
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:17:08
1 On 5/14/06, dirk dil <dirk.dil@××.lu> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm new to gentoo. My system is fairly recent and I'm running
5 > the amd64
6 > version of gentoo. I'm trying to update my system and I get the
7 > following error:
8 >
9 > emerge --update --deep world
10 > --- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.use: dev-lang/php-5.1.2
11
12 Others have already covered this one....
13
14 > Checking for Ogg ... success
15 > Checking for Vorbis ... success
16 > Wrote Setup file
17 > You must have the Ogg Python bindings
18 > installed in order to build and install
19 > these bindings. Import of ogg._ogg failed.
20
21 Hmm, this one is strange. You need pyogg installed as well, but it is
22 already listed as a dependancy of pyvorbis...so you should have it.
23
24 Did you update the version of python recently? If so, you might need
25 to run 'python-updater'.
26
27 If python-updater doesn't fix the problem, try 'emerge --oneshot pyogg'.
28
29 -Richard
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list