From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:33:14
1 The 20/02/14, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
2
3 > > (see [2]) will print the status of the Apache web server, and also the
4 > > last lines from the logs. You can control how many lines. You can
5 > > check also with the journal, as I showed up.
6 >
7 > I believe it would be a 5-minutes job to add the capability of printing
8 > last N log entries for a service to `rc-service status`. Using cat, grep
9
10 If I understand you correctly, what you're proposing is an analyzing
11 tool which works after-the-facts. I mean extracting the per-daemon logs
12 from a global log archive whereas systemd works the opposite way, AFAIU.
13
14 You solution requires per-daemon extraction rules and have to be
15 maintained over time. So, postponed to errors.
16
17 Definetly not a 5-minutes job.
20 Nicolas Sebrecht