From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc update and CHOST problem
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:54:18
1 On 8/31/06, Neil Isaac <isaac.neil@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I do have nptl and nptlonly in USE (that message had a yellow star, so
3 > I guess it's just a warning) but my CHOST is set to
4 > CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu" in make.conf. How do I correct this problem?
5
6 Assuming you are using a processor made in the last 10 years, just set
7 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu". You *must* do an emerge -e world after
8 this, or you may very well break your system. In fact, I would
9 recommend just following the gcc upgrade guide [1] and rebuild your
10 whole system with the new CHOST and gcc 4.1.
11
12 -Richard
13
14 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml