From: Michael Mauch <michael.mauch@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: soundcards inconsistent
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:27:05
1 wu chuanwen wrote:
2
3 > I don't konw why you need two soundcard! I just think that maybe one is
4 > enough.Once before I had two sound cards too,and at that time my gentoo can
5 > not have any sound(maybe not because i had two soundcards but the init
6 > script).Anyway, I just reset my bios,and mask my first soundcard which is
7 > in my board,and then the problem gone!Now everything is good!
8 > Maybe you can have a try if you don't need two soundcards!
9
10 I'm also using two soundcards now (onboard sound on A8V Deluxe and
11 CMI8738), because the onboard sound has no SPDIF input and the CMI8738
12 doesn't have internal connectors for headphones/mic for the front
13 connectors of the case.
14
15 Michael
16 --