From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE-4.3.73 I've disabled right mouse buttons
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 23:44:06
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Monday 09 November 2009 01:04:40 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> KDE-4.3.73 from kde-testing.
7 >>>
8 >>> I was playing around with the desktop and found new shiny extra stuff on
9 >>> the right-click context menu. Including configs for mouse buttons
10 >>> presses.
11 >>>
12 >>> Now I have no right click on the desktop (everywhere else works) and
13 >>> middle click is disabled everywhere. Being an old-time X lad, this
14 >>> grieves me greatly.
15 >>>
16 >>> Systemsettings has nothing I can see about this - 1000s of hotkeys for
17 >>> keyboard, nothing for mouse clicks. Any ideas on how to revert this
18 >>> desktop change?
19 >>>
20 >> LOL
21 >>
22 >> rm -rfv ~/.kde*
23 >>
24 >> I know you aren't going to do that tho.
27 > Too damn tootin' right I ain't gonna do that :-)
28 >
29 > I fixed it meanwhile. The solution is obvious once you see it - click the
30 > cashew.
31 >
32 > p.s. you do know that sometime in the next 30 days you'll need to load a new
33 > overlay to keep kde-3.5? Either that or take the plunge.
37 I got two installs. I plan on using the other one, with NO updates,
38 until KDE 4 is working for me. If that fails, I got the Mandriva DVD
39 and will use it for a month or two.
40
41 I got a plan.
42