From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backup of remote virtual server
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:34:01
1 > I did the very same recently when reformatting my system partition for a new
2 > FS. Beware though that after this command you still need to create some device
3 > files in /dev for udev to work properly, because they were excluded. I think
4 > it was null and console, but I'm not sure.
5
6 You are correct: it's null and console.
7 Also make sure that sys proc exist, otherwise the system probably won't
8 boot properly.
9
10 If you change your partitions it also maybe wise to reinstall the
11 bootloader.