From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Winter clock change did not happen
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 13:30:27
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sunday 31 October 2010 10:05:15 Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >> On Sunday 31 October 2010 09:34:25 Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >> > All my calendars (electronic and dead-tree) tell me that daylight
6 >> > savings switches at the END of today not at the beginning
7 >>
8 >> That's not true in the UK: the switch is done at 02:00 on the Sunday. My
9 >> Gentoo and Ubuntu boxes have switched to GMT correctly this morning, and
10 >> so has the radio-synchronised clock on the kitchen wall.
11 >>
12 >> I think Mick does have a problem in his Gentoo setup.
13 >
14 > :-(
15 >
16 > Thanks Peter, do you dual boot with MSWindows?
17 >
18 > I've noticed this problem on two different boxen, both of them dual boot with
19 > MSWindows. A Gentoo only box of mine switched over to winter time correctly -
20 > so it must be my dual boot set up that is causing this problem.
21
22 It is a problem caused by the settings needed for Linux to live with
23 Windows on the same computer.
26 Nuno J. Silva
27 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg