From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 12:17:38
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 29 May 2020 04:56:10 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> There's a file somewhere that contains all the USE flags and their
5 >> description.  I can't seem to locate it anymore.  Anyone recall where
6 >> that file is?  I thought it was in the tree somewhere but I don't see
7 >> it.
8 > $PORTDIR/profiles/use.desc
9 > $PORTDIR/profiles/use.local.desc
10 >
11 > or you can emerge app-portage/euses.
16 There it is.  Now I got the file to look at.  I use euse, different from
17 the one you mentioned since it's from gentoolkit, but the thing about
18 it, you have to know the name of the USE flag before you can get info
19 about it.  I've only used euse -i tho.  I add entries to files by hand
20 and sort them in a way that it sometimes helps me remember why they are
21 there.  Old age thing again.  lol
22
23 I'm looking into euses but didn't know it existed before now.  Another
24 tool to keep track of.  <Dale rolls his eyes>  Any tips or trcks for it??
25
26 Thanks.
27
28 Dale