From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install, I still can't send email. Same error too.
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:02:28
1 On Tuesday 17 January 2006 23:23, Dale wrote:
4 > I'm open to trying something here. I'm going to check my brothers ISP in a
5 > few more hours. If it works, something fishy at my ISP. If not, I have a
6 > problem here, and no clue what to do.
7 >
8 > Thanks for the help. Keep those ideas coming.
9 >
10 > Dale
11 >
12 > :-)
15 OK. I can't connect to my brothers ISP, Bell South. I'm not sure what is the
16 problem. It just times out for some reason. So I can't test that theory
17 either.
18
19 On my new install, Mozilla will not open anymore either. I did the strace
20 thing from the other old thread, it says a lot of stuff is missing, again.
21
22 This is on a seperate hard drive too. I have two 80GB drives and I have the
23 old OS on one drive and the new OS on the other. The only thing common
24 is /boot.
25
26 I did my install from the 2005.0 install CD. I did the gcc upgrade and
27 upgraded everything else after a emerge sync. Since I am on dial-up I just
28 copied the distfiles over to the new drive.
29
30 What is going on here? I'm so confused. Do I need to start over, again?
31 Maybe hold off on the gcc upgrade or something??
32
33 Dale
34 :-(
35 --