From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] graphical ssh-enabled file system browser?
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 05:26:38
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > b) Most bothersome, if within Nautilus we bookmark directories on
4 > remote machines then every time we log in Gnome makes us type in
5 > passwords at login time instead of when we access the remote machine.
6
7 That's not, what happens here. I'm only prompted for the password,
8 when I access the remote machine.
9
10 > Worse, if the machine which is bookmarked happens to be turned off
11 > then we get longs delays and error messages.
12
13 That's not, what happens here.
14
15 > In all the whole Nautilus
16 > solution seems to be quite unremarkable at this time.
17
18 I disagree. It works quite fast and is easy to use, barring the
19 (as I assume) misconfiguration on your side.
20
21 > 3) Assuming this is 'fish://''
22 >
23 > http://roo.no-ip.org/fish/screenshots.html
24
25 ??
26
27 > then how is this a graphical file manager.
28
29 It isn't. Nobody said, that it is. Everybody wrote, that it is
30 an URL scheme for Konqueror/Krusader (both KDE).
31
32 > It seems to be a shell.
33
34 Not at all.
35
36 > I
37 > support it is a replacement for ssh/scp protocols
38
39 It isn't. It's an implementation for KDE, which allows it to use
40 SSH to transfer files. It doesn't use SCP or SFTP, as far as I
41 know.
42
43 Alexander Skwar
44 --