From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HDMI-out working?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 20:43:45
1 On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> Does HDMI-out on laptops work on Gentoo?
3 >>
4 >> Here with a Dell XPS Laptop M1330 and a Nvidia GeForce 9400M GS, it works fine
5 >> with nvidia-drivers just plug it, and all its ok :)
6 >
7 > Thank you. I'm planning on getting a laptop with the Intel GMA
8 > 4500MHD. I thought HDMI had some type of "copy protection" built in
9 > in some way, so I was thinking it might not work with Linux.
10
11 You're probably thinking of HDCP which is copy-protection that
12 requires both ends (video card and monitor/TV) support HDCP (=paid
13 Intel for a license). HDMI is one of several connection formats that
14 supports HDCP.