From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Recent change in ssh behavior caused by pam_ssh-2.1
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 16:15:07
1 An upstream change in pam_ssh-2.1 requires you to add a new
2 subdirectory: ~/.ssh/login_keys.d/ and in that directory you must
3 create a symlink to ~/.ssh/id_rsa in order to be able to ssh in by
4 using your ssh passphrase instead of your password.
5
6 When you login (or ssh in) you will now see a prompt for "SSH
7 passphrase:" instead of the old "Password:" prompt.
8
9 This could be confusing if you don't use an ssh passphrase, but your
10 password will still be accepted as usual.
11
12 I'm wondering what problem this change is solving for us. I already
13 know at least one problem it created ;)