From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Recent change in ssh behavior caused by pam_ssh-2.1
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 16:15:07
An upstream change in pam_ssh-2.1 requires you to add a new
subdirectory: ~/.ssh/login_keys.d/ and in that directory you must
create a symlink to ~/.ssh/id_rsa in order to be able to ssh in by
using your ssh passphrase instead of your password.

When you login (or ssh in) you will now see a prompt for "SSH
passphrase:" instead of the old "Password:" prompt.

This could be confusing if you don't use an ssh passphrase, but your
password will still be accepted as usual.

I'm wondering what problem this change is solving for us. I already
know at least one problem it created ;)