From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 07:45:32
1 > On Mar 22, 2015, at 9:31, Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 >> On Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:06:59 AM German wrote:
4 >> On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 08:49:54 +0200
5 >> Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>> On Mar 22, 2015, at 8:32, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>>>
9 >>>>
10 >>>> /sbin/poweroff says "Must be a superuser" :(
11 >>>
12 >>> Did you read any of the previous messages? They told you that you have to
13 > have consolekit and polkit installed and configured for this to work!
14 >>
15 >> Yes, I've read them. However no one explianed how this has to be
16 > accomplished with polkit and consolekit.
17 >
18 > Actually systemd's poweroff should be on /usr/bin or /bin but if you got it
19 > there you shouldn't have got the command not found error so something is
20 > messed up with your system. Post the output to the folling
21 >
22 > ls -l /usr/bin/poweroff
23 > ls -l /bin/poweroff
24 > ls -l /sbin/poweroff
25 > ls -l /usr/sbin/poweroff
26 >
27 > Only one of them should list something and it should be a symlink to
28 > systemctl.
29
30 From previous messages by the OP I recall that he is using OpenRC.
33 -Matti