From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] remote access to emails
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:56:28
1 Hi,
2
3 Can you hint me on this? I have setup reading emails following way - fetchmail
4 gathers emails from 3 servers to ~/.maildir then using Kmail i read them and
5 all messages are stored under ~/Mail in maildir format.
6 All I want is remote acces to messages in ~/.maildir and ~/Mail . I was trying
7 VNCclient but due to slow network it isnt acceptible. Now I'm trying to setup
8 etpan but I got segmentation fault when trying to add storage in ~/Mail tree.
9 So, I would like to know what console mail reader will work for this kind of
10 setup? Can I acomplish this with setting up webmail or what is your setup
11 design to read emails and accesss them remotely.
12
13 I run gentoo ~amd64. Remote boxes are windows.
14
15 m
16
17 ps. sorry for my english.
18 --
19 Linux 2.6.16-ck9 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
20 13:25:51 up 31 min, 5 users, load average: 1.42, 0.98, 0.47
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list