From: "Stefán István" <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't install ati-drivers
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:05:10
1 kedd 25 július 2006 22.43 dátummal Richard Fish ezt írta:
2 > On 7/25/06, Stefán István <stefi@××××××××××××.hu> wrote:
3 > > Meanwhile I was able to install the ati-drivers by adding
4 > > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" to emerge and install the latest version in
5 portage.
6 > > But now X doesn't start, and I find the following in the log file:
7 >
8 > Do you have the dri use flag set for xorg-server? (emerge -pv xorg-server)
9 >
10 Well, first I tried to install xorg simply by the "emerge xorg-x11" command.
11 It installed the newest 7.x version, but it doesn't want to work. Then I
12 unmerged it and installed the 6.8.2-r8. It works now with the vesa driver,
13 but not with fgrlx.
14 So, now I don't have xorg-server package installed (because it is part of the
15 7.x version), only xorg-x11:
16 # emerge -pv =xorg-x11-6.8.2-r8
17
18 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
19
20 Calculating dependencies... done!
21 [ebuild R ] x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r8 USE="bitmap-fonts dlloader ipv6
22 nls opengl pam truetype-fonts type1-fonts xv -3dfx -3dnow -cjk -debug -dmx
23 -doc -font-server -insecure-drivers -minimal -mmx* -nocxx -sdk -sse* -static
24 -xprint*" 0 kB
25
26 > Are you loading the dri module in /etc/X11/xorg.conf?
27 Yes, it is loaded, or at least it is specified in the xorg.conf file.
28
29 > It might help to gzip and attach your full /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.
30
31 Okay, I attach it. I would have done it already, but I didn't kow that it is
32 allowed to send attachments to this list.
33
34 Thanks,
35 István

Xorg.0.log.gz application/x-gzip