From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mainactor - which build is likely to work best?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:15:57
1 The suse build works fine here.
2
3 emerge rpm
4
5 make sure the following dependencies are installed:
6
7 libavc1394
8 libraw1394
9 SDL
10
11 then
12
13 rpm --nodeps MainActor(whatever the full file name is)
14
15 the binary to run is mactor
18 On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:28:40 -0800
19 Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk> wrote:
20
21 > I am currently experimenting with mainactor as a video editor. There are
22 > three builds to choose from - debian, suse and mandriva. Which would be
23 > likely to be most stable on a gentoo system built with gcc-3.4.4? I am
24 > currently trying the suse demo. It's not too bad, but it has crashed a few
25 > more times than I'd like.
26 >
27 > For those who are wondering, kino is fine and stable, but not designed for
28 > complex jobs, while cinelerra is unspeakably uncooperative IMO. Couldn't get
29 > it to capture dv for the life of me, and it locked up all the time.
30 >
31 > I'm going to give lives a shot as well. I'll let you know how I get on.
32 >
33 > Best
34 > Robert
35 > --
36 > Robert Persson
37 >
38 > "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
39 > (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
40 >
41 > --
42 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list