From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: valgrind showing glibc warnings
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:44:04
1 On 03/25/2010 08:31 PM, Crístian Viana wrote:
2 > I think --gen-suppressions may be a too "complicated" solution. valgrind
3 > shouldn't find *any* warnings from the libraries of my system at all.
4 > either valgrind is doing something wrong or there's really some errors
5 > on glibc. in every other system I try, valgrind runs fine.
6 >
7 > I rebuilt valgrind, but it didn't help.
8 >
9 > I'm running amd64, by the way.
10
11 On AMD64 you *must* build glibc with splitdebug in FEATURES. And I
12 think the very latest glibc versions also require splitdebug on x86 too.
13 And after that you must probably rebuild valgrind again :P
14
15 After you've built glibc with splitdebug, there should be no more
16 warnings in valgrind.