From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird df listing
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:58:00
1 * Volker Armin Hemmann (volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de) [02.09.08 15:40]:
2 > On Dienstag, 2. September 2008, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > Can someone please explain to me what's going on with /dev/sda6? I
4 > > couldn't log into GNOME after my reboot yesterday, and when I asked for
5 > > a df listing in the console, I got this. Shouldn't there be 4GB
6 > > available?
7 > >
8 > > camille ~ # df -h
9 > > Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
10 > > /dev/sda6 78G 74G 0G 100% /
11 ^^
12
13 > > udev 10M 184K 9.9M 2% /dev
14 > > /dev/sda7 52G 40G 12G 78% /mnt/store
15 > > shm 247M 0 247M 0% /dev/shm
16 > > catherine:/backup 44G 34G 8.5G 80% /backup/catherine
17 >
18 > you have space left, but the inodes are all used up.
19 >
20 No, I don't think this is an issue with the inodes.
21
22 These are the 5% for the superuser, that are missing.
23
24 Definetly time to clean up the disk and remove unneeded files.
25
26 > Typical problem for fs like extX.
27 >
28 But only on small partitions.
32 Sebastian
35 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
36
37 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de