From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Updated world -> KDE colours have gone feral....
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 07:12:11
1 Hi all,
2 A few days ago I did an "emerge -NuD world" on my KDE based desktop
3 machine. When I rebooted the machine, the colours had gone a bit weird.
4 I use the Nordic scheme which is dark but now, for example, when I open
5 Dolphin, the alternating horizontal stips/stripes that go from the
6 dir/file name across through the Modified/Type/Size area have undergone
7 a colour change with the lighter horizontal stripes now nearly the
8 colour of the text hence I can't read every second row. Other
9 applications also display this behaviour, it appears that the colour
10 palette is being modified somehow!
11
12 If I go into the "System Settings" and change the "Global Theme" to
13 something else, say "Breeze Dark", apply, then change back to Nordic,
14 hey presto the colours are back as they should be. Reboot and the dodgy
15 colours are back, go to "System Settings".....rinse, repeat......
16
17 Anyone have experience with this sort of problem? Is there a way to
18 reset the palette? Is there a way to refresh/reset the theme? I don't
19 have a whole series of customised keystrokes etc so if it's a case of
20 just blowing away a config file/dir and then the system will reset
21 itself, that's not a problem.
22
23 Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,
24
25 Andrew