From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my hard drive sick?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:18:36
1 Quoting "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I found your exact same symptoms, on a SATA hard disk. I frankly have
4 > troubles in understanding the smartctl outputs (googled of course, but
5
6 while I think the seek time metric is mostly informational and not
7 really indicative of harddrive failure, my experience was different
8 and I'll explain why.
9
10 * my harddrive made strange noises at times.
11 * it's seek time metric kept getting lower
12
13 So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have to take all this
14 data in context.
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list