From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems debugging a systemd problem
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 11:46:30
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2
3 > On 28.05.2015 10:30, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > I still have openrc, but Dracut won't work with it, at least maybe
6 > > because I have systemd use flag enabled. Also, in retrospect, that
7 > > would not have solved my specific problems, because it was related to an
8 > > rd.lv command which is specific to dracut.
9 >
10 > You could rebuild the initrd from live-cd maybe
11 >
12 > > But thanks for your suggestion. I wonder what the rescue target is -- I
13 > > have never seen that before -- maybe I could configure it so I could
14 > > boot into a shell and fix things and it would be sort of like a little
15 > > system of its own.
16 >
17 > It's a target of systemd, kind of a runlevel.
18 >
19 > see http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#index1h1
20 >
21 > quote:
22 >
23 > "To boot directly into rescue target add systemd.unit=rescue.target or
24 > just 1 to the kernel command line."
25
26 OK, thanks, I will definitely check that one out.
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici