From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] digikam + systemd
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:55:40
1 On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> I just did 'emerge -pv digikam' for 3.3.0
4 >> & it wants to install 54 pkgs, incl systemd ;
5 >> 10 pkgs are KDE & include Marble.
6 >>
7 >> Is my surprise justified ?
8 >
9 > Yes, I think it is. Probably gphoto2 pulls GNOME stuff, which in turn
10 > pulls systemd. Support for gphoto2 in digikam is optional, I belive;
11 > the easiest solution is to USE="-gphoto2".
12 >
13 > If you are willing to spend a little time investigating, I bet you can
14 > install gphoto2 without systemd, but you need to see what is pulling
15 > it. My bet would be PolicyKit.
16 >
17 > The thing is, GNOME 3 now need systemd. Therefore, a lot of GNOME
18 > packages are setting their defaults dependencies to pull packages in
19 > such a way that systemd is one of them. If you don't use GNOME, but
20 > install one of its packages (or something that pulls something else
21 > from GNOME), you can pull *by default* systemd.
22 >
23 > However, I'm pretty sure you can configure out systemd without too
24 > much problem (if you don't use GNOME 3, that is).
25
26 I checked gphoto2, and I don't think is the one pulling systemd. In
27 fact, I don't see any dependency of digikam as an obvious puller for
28 it.
29
30 Could you mask sys-apps/systemd and see what emerge prints when trying
31 to install digikam again? It will tell you which dependency chain
32 pulls it.
33
34 Regards.
35 --