From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 14:18:37
1 On 10/28/2017 01:58 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I've been using the net-misc/knutclient GUI application to provide information
5 > to desktop users of the state of the UPS. Portage is telling me this package
6 > depends on Qt4, it has received no development upstream and is due to be
7 > ditched:
8 >
9 > !!! The following installed packages are masked:
10 > - net-misc/knutclient-1.0.5::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
11 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
12 > # Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o> (21 Oct 2017)
13 > # Dead upstream, depends on dead kdelibs4/Qt4.
14 > # Masked for removal in 30 days. Bug #629018
15 >
16 > Is there some other GUI front end for nut in portage I could use in its place?
19 Have you tried the one that comes with the nut package? There should be
20 one installed with it. Although, I can't remember if it docks in the tray.
21
22 Dan