From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel upgrade from 5.4 to 5.10: oldconfig "Restart config..."
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 22:56:38
1 On Sunday, 4 April 2021 23:31:50 BST Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Has the 5.10 LTS has been stablised, I tried to upgrade it on some of my
5 > boxes, but `make oldconfig` doesn’t want to use my old config:
6 > Here is my make output: https://paste.swordarmor.fr/raw/2rRh
7 > And here is my config: https://paste.swordarmor.fr/raw/YHaG
8 >
9 > Does anyone else has to redo its configuration, and did you manage to
10 > reuse the old one?
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13
14 The 'make oldconfig' script steps through the previous configuration
15 selections and stops at any new options which require your input. In the
16 pasted output you provided the first option asking for your input is your
17 preferred compression algorithm for the kernel image. Choose any one of the
18 list below, or leave it to default (gzip):
19
20 Kernel compression mode
21 > 1. Gzip (KERNEL_GZIP)
22 2. Bzip2 (KERNEL_BZIP2)
23 3. LZMA (KERNEL_LZMA)
24 4. XZ (KERNEL_XZ)
25 5. LZO (KERNEL_LZO)
26 6. LZ4 (KERNEL_LZ4)
27 7. ZSTD (KERNEL_ZSTD) (NEW)
28 choice[1-7?]:
29
30 Then proceed to the next kernel option and so on.