From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /home doesn't umount on shutdown
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:56:22
1 Remy Blank wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> But I was not able to make the problem re-appear in short reboot
4 >> cycles. So whatever is hanging the box is something that starts up in
5 >> the course of work, it doesn't appear to be there directly after a KDE
6 >> login.
7 >
8 > I have observed that kded4 and nepomukserver sometimes don't terminate
9 > after logging out of KDE. At the next login, I get another copy of each,
10 > and so they accumulate. It's so bad that I added a script to
11 > ~/.kde4/shutdown to "kill -9" them if they are still running 15 seconds
12 > after logging out.
13 >
14 > Both processes keep open file descriptors to ~/.xsession-errors, so they
15 > would indeed prevent /home from unmounting.
16 >
17 > -- Remy
21 I run into that a LOT here too. After a large upgrade, I usually switch
22 to the boot runlevel to make sure most everything gets reloaded. When I
23 do that, I have to kill some leftover kde stuff manually. I have been
24 known to let it sit for several minutes to see if it will eventually
25 kill itself but it never has. The nepomukserver is one of them but
26 there is another one that I can't recall the name of.
27
28 May be on to something, hopefully.
29
30 Care to share that script? ;-) May try that myself.
31
32 Dale
33
37 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
38 how you interpreted my words!