From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: konqueror being used when I want dolphin
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 12:41:54
1 Am Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:23:33 -0500
2 schrieb »Q« <boxcars@×××.net>:
3
4 > When I use amarok to open a file manager, konqueror is called instead
5 > of dolphin. In KDE5's System Settings, dolphin is set as the default
6 > file manager, as it was once upon a time in KDE4's System Settings.
7 >
8 > I expect (and of course ICBW) the problem is that somehow my KDE4
9 > settings got clobbered or otherwise screwed up and that amarok is
10 > looking to KDE4 settings. I no longer have KDE4's System Settings UI
11 > and grepping through ~/.kde4/* for about 30 minutes has not
12 > enlightened me any. I also grepped though ~/.config/* , where the
13 > KDE5 settings live, in hope that I might find something analogous to
14 > what I need to do for KDE4, but found nothing useful. (I grepped for
15 > 'dolphin', 'konqueror', 'fileman', and 'default' and will be happy to
16 > post results if anyone thinks that might help.)
17 >
18 > Searching the web for help has only turned up instructions for using
19 > System Settings to change the default.
20 >
21 > Any suggestions about where/what to search on my machine or the web
22 > are welcome. Of course, if you've got a handy recipe to post to fix
23 > my issue, that's even more welcome. :)
24
25 Did you look at the file type settings? Go to system settings, find the
26 file type settings, type "inode" in der search box and adjust the order
27 of applications to list dolphin first. This is how I fixed it.
30 Regards,
31 Kai
32
33 Replies to list-only preferred.