From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ipw2200 chipset mini wireless card
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 14:10:57
1 > I have a new sony lappy with a ipw2200 chipset mini wireless card.
2 > Should I be using the in kernel (2.6.16-r3) drivers or the builds in
3 > portage? Is the a configuration guide for this setup on gentoo?
4
5 I would use the ebuilds. You're much more flexible that way in the case,
6 that you experience bugs. (I'm using the ~x86 version at the moment)
7
8 I don't know, which version has been integrated into the kernel. There
9 were definitely some bugs conncerning hwcrypto and other things in older
10 versions of ipw2200 which might be the one in kernel right now.