From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 21:12:27
1 The reason he posted XXX is because it doesn't matter what media you
2 use. You can use the minimal one, the Live one, a DVD or USB with
3 sysrescue on it, another Linux install, Knoppix or whatever Linuxy thing
4 to install Gentoo from. My first install was done from Mandrake. My
5 last one from sysrescue. It's the same steps for them both. What
6 install media you use doesn't matter.
9 From another email:
10
11 Christopher Robinson wrote:
12 > Rich responded to my question. I don't feel much like repeating.
13 > I need the command to run the install after getting live cd # ~
14
15 When you get to that prompt, then you start the install process. It's
16 not one command, it is a serious of them that you have to enter in.
17 Unless someone created a installer and I missed it, you have to install
18 Gentoo manually. There is no installer.
19
20 Dale
21
25 Christopher Robinson wrote:
26 > Funny how you used XXX when I SPECIFCALLY mentioned mentioned the LIVE DVD
27 > as opposed to the minimal install cd. That was the whole point which you missed in
28 > jumping to conclusions about my ignorance.