From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A suggestion for bacula
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:42:11
1 On Saturday 26 November 2005 02:47, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 [...]
3 > Bacula goes looking for them in /var/tmp/**bacula* and of course they
4 > are long gone.
5
6 Bacula relies on its temp directory for other interesting functions too,
7 it can build a bootable ISO using your running kernel, for example.
8
9 I've written a little page in my personal wiki with an HOWTO for Gentoo
10 to build a bootable cdrom using Bacula scripts, next week I can provide
11 an english translation if anyone interested.
12
13 > So a gentoo user will end up with nothing backed up and wondering
14 > what they did wrong. Especially if they don't notice the give away
15 > address, and it isn't that obvious because `bconsole' output is
16 > pretty primitive and it will not be on the screen long.
17 >
18 > It also means the restore part is a non starter too since nothing got
19 > backed up.
20 >
21 > Apparently someone maybe me needs to go thru the bacula ebuilds and
22 > make them a little more like what bacula devel people expect. Or fix
23 > it so it works for us.
24
25 Right, but maybe it's sufficient to replace original README with a
26 Gentoo version; in other words, IMO it would be easier to document it,
27 rather then tweak/patch ebuild.
28
29 ciao
30 Francesco
31 --
32 Linux Version 2.6.12-gentoo-r9, Compiled #2 Wed Aug 24 18:43:16 CEST
33 2005
34 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 1958.63 Bogomips Total
35 aemaeth
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list