From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with the dreaded mount: RPC: Program not registered
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:31:40
1 Hi, Bogo,
2
3 Your experience is similar in nature to mine. What I didn't post is that
4 nfs isn't the only daemon that wouldn't start, and that for a month or two
5 I've had to cajole and threaten my box - generic x86 - to get various
6 daemons
7 to start - all by hand, of course. All of this mystery started after a
8 massive
9 system upgrade. I've tried rebuilding the entire system with no effect, and
10 now
11 I'm contemplating a wipe-the-system-clean and fresh install to exorcise
12 whatever
13 ghosts are lurking there. I don't want to do that, but...
14
15 Anyway, the existence of a fellow sufferer makes me feel better.
16
17 John