From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd problem with Xorg
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:55:17
1 On 11/30/18 1:33 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > Thank you, Dan. I hadn't heard of it, but your report immediately suggested I
4 > try it to reduce the wait while chronyd started, on two machines here. Worked
5 > like a charm: no waiting for enough entropy to be collected.
8 No problem.
9
10 What's weird is that bug is known to affect kernels 4.16.x but all my
11 machines use 4.14.x.
12
13 Out of eight machines only one of them had this problem, which is even
14 more strange. It does happen to be the oldest machine, though.
15
16 That laptop has had slow boots, but not necessarily Xorg, for a long
17 time and I could never figure it out. I even installed an SSD thinking
18 it could've been the HDD in it a couple years ago; that's how long the
19 slow booting has happened.
20
21 Never occured to me the random number generator could cause that.
22
23 Dan