From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6.14 & Nvidia
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:15:32
1 On Tuesday 08 November 2005 00:21, David Corbin wrote:
2 > On Sunday 06 November 2005 11:13 pm, Norberto Bensa wrote:
3 > > Philip Webb wrote:
4 > > > Has anyone got Nvidia to work with Kernel 2.6.14 ?
5 > >
6 > > Yup. In /etc/conf.d/local.start
7 > >
8 > > /sbin/NVmakedevices.sh
9 > >
10 > > or
11 > >
12 > > mknod /dev/nvidia0 c 195 0
13 > > mknod /dev/nvidiactl c 195 255
14 >
15 > This doesn't work for me. If I have the nvidia FB compiled in, then nvidia
16 > module fails to load long before local.start seems to be called.
19 which is totally logical.
20
21 You can not have two absolutly different drivers fight over the same piece of
22 hardware. AFAIR it is even part of the README.
23
24 But some people choose not to read it or think, but complain instead of it.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list