From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help with xorg-server-1.9.4 and no hal; broken mouse/keyboard/X
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:55:21
1 On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:48:17 -0500, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the help. This was less painful than I thought. However it
4 > exposed a internet connection problem. I am using wicd for wireless and
5 > wired internet config. This laptop happened to be in a place where no
6 > wired internet is available. Since I use the wicd-client X config
7 > utility I was not able to connect to the internet while X was down.
8 > There is a wicd-cli but the man page is empty. I guess I will have to
9 > get some info on how to use wicd-cli on an emergency like this.
10
11 The man page is empty but wicd-cli --help will shoe that that this is not
12 what you want. You need wicd-curses, but wicd-client should call that for
13 you when X is unavailable.
14
15 If you have auto-connect enabled for your ESSID, you don't even need
16 that, wicd will connect as soon as it starts at boot.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I distinctly remember forgetting that.