From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.use update
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 07:30:12
1 On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 03:03:07 +0200, Matthias Bethke wrote:
2
3 > > # etc-update
4 > > [...]
5 > > File: /etc/portage/._cfg0000_package.use
6 > > [...]
7 > > What is it about?
8 >
9 > No, I didn't see it, but it looks like some package moved to another
10 > category or got renamed so portage patched package.use for you.
11
12 That's exactly what happened.
13
14 > Try
15 > dispatch-config, preferably with vimdiff and perhaps RCS support, it
16 > makes maintaining your config so much easier than etc-update.
17
18 I used dispatch-config for years, but have now switched to conf-update
19 after Alan recommended it.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.