From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: trying to upgrade some old, never upgraded image for an embedded system …
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 16:03:22
1 On 2019-12-18, <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> (Nuno Silva) <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
2
3 > The EAPI problem is in a package that is pulled as a dependency of
4 > portage.
5 >
6 > Unless there's a simple hack to solve this, you will need to use older
7 > ebuilds or split the update in several steps, using older versions of
8 > the portage tree. The following notes show a way of achieving this:
9 >
10 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:NeddySeagoon/HOWTO_Update_Old_Gentoo
11
12 In my experience of situations like this, it's often a lot less work
13 to just backup /etc and user home directories and re-install from
14 scratch.
15
16 That's not to say I didn't once battle my way through an upgrade like
17 that just to see if I could do it...
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm continually AMAZED
21 at at th'breathtaking effects
22 gmail.com of WIND EROSION!!