From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kmail synching with IMAP4 account
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:16:28
1 On Monday 20 November 2006 13:10, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Monday 20 November 2006 04:28, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote
3 >
4 > about '[gentoo-user] Kmail synching with IMAP4 account':
5 > > Since the last update to kde-base/kmail-3.5.5-r1 I have noticed that my
6 > > Sent folder is not synched correctly with the server.
7 > > It seems that the synching with the server
8 > > is one way only. Would you know what's changed with the latest update
9 > > and whether this is something I can fix myself, or if I should file a
10 > > bug?
11 >
12 > My kmail still does 2-way syncing, but you may have stumbled upon a bug.
13 > I suggest (as a workaround) moving all the messages to Local
14 > Folders/sent-mail, syncing, moving them back to the server, and resyncing.
15 > This should force kmail to upload the messages to the server.
16 >
17 > If that workaround doesn't work, or it does but the problem re-occurs, do
18 > search for and, if needed, file a bug. It's *probably* an upstream issue,
19 > but either b.g.o or b.kde.o (or both) would be appropriate places to file
20 > your bug.
21
22 I did as you suggested and the difference is that the numbering of the
23 messages on the server are now reversed; i.e. the more recent messages are
24 numbered from 1,2,3,...,165. The last message I sent after the moving of
25 messages and uploading them back onto the server is numbered correctly, i.e.
26 166.
27
28 Anyway, I noticed this sequence of steps when sending a message:
29
30 1. I click Send. Message is delivered to sender and shown in the Kmail imap
31 sent folder. So far, so good.
32 2. I click on Check Mail. The previous error message comes up about message
33 deleted on server and do I want to delete it locally. Checking the webmail
34 sent folder list shows that the recently sent message is there.
35 3. Accepting the error message to delete the sent message locally clears it
36 out of the Kmail IMAP sent folder. Checking the webmail gui shows me that
37 the sent message is actually still there. I has not been deleted from the
38 server.
39 4. I click on Check Mail again. Now the recently sent message is downloaded
40 from the server into the Kmail imap sent folder.
41
42 I guess this behaviour is similar to the previous Kmail version, except of the
43 error message for a deleted message on the server. Can anyone make sense out
44 of this?
45 --
46 Regards,
47 Mick