From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] genkernel without oldconfig
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:03:39
1 Is there any way to run genkernel without it running the oldconfig command? I
2 can work around the issue by saving my .config file to a different name, then
3 using --xconfig and loading the saved file but it would be nice to just tell it
4 not to alter the existing .config file. It may be that I'm just missing it but
5 man pages and Google have not provided a solution.
8 "It is not materialism that is the chief curse of the world, as pastors teach,
9 but idealism. Men get into trouble by taking their visions and hallucinations
10 too seriously." - H.L. Mencken