From: Julien Roy <julien@××××.ca>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Source Python virtualenv in OpenRC script
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 22:55:50
1 Thanks, I didn´t realize it was this easy!
2
3 Regards,
4 Julien
8 Dec 12, 2021, 22:39 by manuel@××××××.org:
12 > On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 3:54 PM Julien Roy <> julien@××××.ca> > wrote:
13 >
14 >> Hello,
15 >>
16 >> I am trying to create an OpenRC script to start a python module.
17 >> To launch the module manually, what I would do is:
18 >> cd $moduleDir
19 >> source bin/activate
20 >> python -m $module
23 > You can actually just use
24 >
25 > $moduleDir/bin/python -m $module
26 >
27 > Executing anything from the bin directory inside the venv will make it act as if it had activated the venv.
28 > --
29 > Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <> manuel@××××××.org> > <> http://www.mclure.org> >
30 > ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
31 > no man may kill a cat.                       -- H.P. Lovecraft
32 >