From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boa is now hard masked?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 19:38:46
1 On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:40:30PM +0100, Mick wrote
2
3 > If Boa is indeed a gonner, what would you recommend I use to share my
4 > distfiles with other boxen on my LAN?
5
6 Take a look at www-servers/tux
7
8 There's an overview at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUX_web_server
9 Tux is a set of kernel patches that produces a lean/mean in-kernel web
10 server. For security reasons, it doesn't do dynamic web pages, but it
11 can selectively hand off requests for dynamic content to Apache, etc.
12 For serving out files, it's easily enough.
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
16 Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?
17 A. I think it would be a good idea.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list